Canon EOS 1D Mark 3 - levering

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Re: Canon EOS 1D Mark 3 - levering

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door roadrunner Bekijk bericht
    2de levering is reeds geleverd geweest (bij Grobet was dit in elk geval de 2de levering).Ben mijn toestel vorige donderdag gaan afhalen na telefoontje op woensdag dat ie er was.
    Ik kan bevestigen wat roadrunner schrijft, 2e levering is reeds verdeeld en was ook vrij beperkt. Ben toestel vorige week vrijdag gaan ophalen. Serienummer begint met 516...
    We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?
    Eindelijk webstek http://patrickfranqui.zenfolio.com

Comment

Hopelijk hebben jullie geen last van die AF problemen die blijkbaar steds meer voorkomen. Voorlopig ga ik hem toch nog maar niet bestellen, hopende op een spoedige oplossing.
      Il caffè deve essere nero come il diavolo, bollente come l'inferno e dolce come l'amore

Bezoek mijn foto's online

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door karlito Bekijk bericht
        Hopelijk hebben jullie geen last van die AF problemen die blijkbaar steds meer voorkomen. Voorlopig ga ik hem toch nog maar niet bestellen, hopende op een spoedige oplossing.
        Nee, nog niet tegengekomen. Maar ik heb zo gene 500 F/4 . Ik trek voornamelijk in 't donker en het enige dat ik nu sinds dit weekend geleerd heb is dat ik die "assist" focuspunten best uitzet. (C.Fn III-8)

Dave
        pixelpusher

Comment

Het blijft verdacht stil ronde de tweede levering, zouden voor heel de benelux maar een aantal toestellen geweest zijn...
          Canon 1Ds Mark III ~ Canon 1D Mark III ~ 17-40 f4 L ~ 24 f1.4 L ~ 35 f1.4 L ~ 85 f1.2 L ~ 70-200 f2.8 L IS ~ 100-400 L IS ~ 1000W Bowensflits ~ hoop strobist-materiaal
          http://www.eSVee.be/ | http://www.flickr.com/ | http://www.apertura.be/

Comment

Well, things are getting out of hand with Redcoon.

I placed an order the 9th of June if I remember well. They told me they would get my camera by the 15th.... Nothing came so I called and they say that they had not received anything and it would ship early July. I saw my order status online change so I called and they say it had shipped the 22nd of July (good news I thought).
            They don't ship direct, they ship to a packet delivery company. Yesterday I called the packet delivery company and they said they received nothing from Redcoon. Called Redcoon back and they tell me it has not shipped. 'it shows shipped in the system but it has not physicaly shipped'....

Looks like they don't know what they are doing/saying...

Ralph
            Wild Nightlife and party PhotoBlog [NSFW]

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door digitalfrog Bekijk bericht

I placed an order the 9th of June if I remember well. They told me they would get my camera by the 15th.... Nothing came so I called and they say that they had not received anything and it would ship early July. I saw my order status online change so I called and they say it had shipped the 22nd of July (good news I thought).
              They don't ship direct, they ship to a packet delivery company. Yesterday I called the packet delivery company and they said they received nothing from Redcoon. Called Redcoon back and they tell me it has not shipped. 'it shows shipped in the system but it has not physicaly shipped'....

Ralph
              That sucks, man! The wait is one thing, the misinformation though...
              pixelpusher

Comment

Ralph
                Heb je intussen nog iets meer vernomen ?
                http://www.torekefoto.be

Comment

Yes, my camera will be with me on monday !!!

But it was not without more trouble:

I called back to find out if they found my camera back, and no. The answer I got was "we'll call you we have something new".
                  I really did not like this answer at all, I felt they did not care at all.
                  I got the name of a manager from someone, and decided to call.
                  That gentleman was *excellent*, he listened, understood my frustration. I clearly said that Canon was only sending one camera at a time and there was a long waiting list. But I told him that as far as his employees were concerned the camera was already shipped. He checked and in knew what was wrong in 5mn. He said he would call the shipping company. By the way, I was in the USA during all this and it was 1 in the morning for me, I was very tired.
                  He called me back 5 minutes later, and told me the shipping company found my camera back ! (I believe him, I doubt he had another Mark III laying around). He also told me the shipping company would call me withing 15 mn to make an appointment.
                  30 minutes later ... nothing. I decide to call the shipping company. As usual, someone very rude picked up and told me 'we don't have your package'. I thought I was going insane.... I insisted, explained somone from Redcoon just called etc.... they suddenly admited they had the box (what a bunch of loosers)
                  They told me to call an hour later to know when it would be shipped. I told them it was 2 in the morning for me, if they could just give me a quick answer.... again a very rude and disinterested 'NO'.

I waited until 3 am, called and she told me. 'Monday'. I explained that it was their fault if they had lost my camera and hoped they could make an effort and deliver it 2 days later (friday, so I could have it for the weekend). Again a NO !

I flew back today from the US, called to have a time of delivery as the only thing I knew was 'monday'. Again, rude answer: call back after 6pm.

I used the online tool as I'd rather not talk to those people (http://www.gtc.nl/) and now it shows I will get my camera between 10am and 2pm.

I mind I won't get it for this weekend. I come from Nikon and must shoot a big party next weekend (Sensation White) and I need to train on the Canon system. But that's life. At least I will get my camera :-)

Bottom line: Redcoon has great prices, but you should not be in a rush. It's my second order from them and I has delivery issues the first time too. When Redcoon says '1 week' delivery time they mean 'we may get in ourselves in 1 week with some luck, then add another week for the shipping company if you are lucky they don't screw things up.

I can't understand Redcoon is not better, the gentleman in charge I talked to was very professional, customer focused and just a nice guy. It's the staff that does not care. So at least there is hope here.

I have nothing positive to say about the shipping company though.

Comment

I went to look on the redcoon website, I find the MK III rather expensive over there. It's not that difficult to find it at a much better price elsewhere, and that without the hassle described above.

Just my 2c worth

Ps: I'm glad the delivery finally worked out for you though! Now you get to have fun with your new "beast"
                    Canon met glas...

Comment

Thanks !

The price was 3650 euros inc BTW when I place the order at redcoon, the price went up after. I was lucky on this one !
                      I actually thought for a moment the camera would never come, I thought they would not honour the 3650 price.

But they did. (well. I'll know for sure by tomorrow)

Comment

Tomorrow will be a "looooong" day for you, just up to delivery

Here in Belgium there are some shops selling it at about +- 3600 € (incl.) as well, not only online shops, you just have to shop around a bit :-)

In any case enjoy your new camera tomorrow and let us know what you think about it.

David
                        Canon met glas...

Comment

Thanks !

The price was 3650 euros inc BTW when I place the order at redcoon, the price went up after. I was lucky on this one !
                          I actually thought for a moment the camera would never come, I thought they would not honour the 3650 price.

But they did. (well. I'll know for sure by tomorrow)
                          You shoot nice pictures, and I hope you'll get the feel for the camera quick enough. It sure takes getting used to for me, especially in the dark, and I'm coming from a 5D!
                          pixelpusher

Comment

Merci !

I have it, the battery is been reloaded now...

It was sold to me as been a NL model, but the paper inside the box says "country of origin: UK".

At the same time, the documentation is Spanish/Dutch/French but no english so it is a bit confusing.

Can someone with a BE/NL camera check what their country of origin is ?

Thx

Ralph

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door GroovBird Bekijk bericht
                            You shoot nice pictures, and I hope you'll get the feel for the camera quick enough. It sure takes getting used to for me, especially in the dark, and I'm coming from a 5D!

Comment

Merci !

I have it, the battery is been reloaded now...

It was sold to me as been a NL model, but the paper inside the box says "country of origin: UK".

At the same time, the documentation is Spanish/Dutch/French but no english so it is a bit confusing.

Can someone with a BE/NL camera check what their country of origin is ?

Thx

Ralph
                              Mine is Belgian as well, and it has both dutch and french manual included. Don't think there was English included though. But that's available as a download! I'll check the box again if there's a paper that says a different country of origin.

Dave
                              pixelpusher

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door GroovBird Bekijk bericht
                                Mine is Belgian as well, and it has both dutch and french manual included. Don't think there was English included though. But that's available as a download! I'll check the box again if there's a paper that says a different country of origin.

Dave
                                Unfortunately, the download you can get from the Canon site will have the word DUPLICATE printed all over it when you try to print the manual. If you use the latest version of Adobe reader you should be able to read it from the pc screen without the anoying watermark all over it...
                                Canon met glas...

Comment

Working...
                                X