No announcement yet.

2005 - Ireland shooting weekend

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

Re: 2005 - Ireland shooting weekend

Ireland is still on, as far as I'm concerned.
    But... a few buts..

There are a few things that are taking priority.

The main one is me investing a serious amount of time in starting my own business so SD's are taking a back seat for the moment.

The other reason is, There's still a lot of blah blah going on regarding insurance and who's held responsible for "organising" trips. I probably take a typical British attitude and think everyone over 18 is old enough to take responsibility of themselves. Call it logic, if you like.

So that considered, the sticky can be removed from this post, in fact I'm doubting whether it's even a viable BD trip as I don't have any inclination to argue organisational details when my time is needed elsewhere. So maybe the thread should be removed?

As a result of a lot of thinking, I've decided to keep this trip to myself and invited "friends" who are prepared to take on their own responsibilty outside the safety net of the organisation of BD vzw. This takes any possible conflicts out of this public arena and can in no way add pressure to the BD vzw by being a possible threat to BD's existance.

I have a list of all those who have shown interest. When I have the time, I will get onto organising "my" personal trip. I'll ask "my" friends if they want to come along. Easy.. no possible conflicts, no heated discussions, no insurance worries.

You all know me, you all know where to find me. None of us are strangers so please understand me here. I am in no way putting a slur on the BD vzw. The team are making enormous efforts to make sure that shooting events are designed and executed in a correct manner. By removing this event from their list of concerns and putting it back into the world of common sense and self-discipline, I feel I'm standing up for rationality.

Regards,
    Trebs.

Comment

Hear hear
      Meer foto's op Mukblog

Comment

Hey Trebs,

I think you made a good decision on this. SD's are not so evident to everyone. It takes a lot of preparations and good arrangements.

I know that you're working to start your own business and wish you good luck!

Greetz, RonnyE

Comment

Trebs

Ik kan het niet in het engels, amper in het nederlands .

Ik ken U niet persoonlijk maar denk dat je de juiste beslissing hebt genomen , alvast veel succes met je eigen zaak . Maar vind het wel spijtig dat het niet doorgaat.
          Groetjes
          http://www.vehe.be

Comment

The best of luck with your new business

Een andere vraag dan: door omstandigheden ga ik waarschijnlijk dit jaar nog voor 1 dag naar Dublin, dat is kort en dus is mijn vraag WAT moet ik zeker gezien hebben? Uiteraard neem ik m'n glasbak mee
            En eventueel tips hoe ik daar het goedkoopst geraak zijn ook altijd welkom

Comment

voor ierland? ryanair
              ik ben voor een (lang) weekend geweest eind oktober (weliswaar shanon, maar swat). en de vlucht koste me ... € 0.01 ... (met taksen kwam dat op een € 25 heen én terug).
              eens zien hoe het zit met de ryanair-aanbiedingen en het komt wel goed!

net even gechecked: vertrek 1 december, terug 5 december en je vlucht kost je 2 keer € 0.10 !!
              voor één dag was het € 30 of zo.
              mm
              ∏__|_ ∏__|_
              "no rules, great shots"
              Book of Fame 2009 - BESTEL HIER

Comment

@trebs
                nice to hear about your business.
                The policy of an insurance ...
                This is really Belgian stuff and it isn't easy... I got two weeks ago some papery about organizing things and believe me, I think I'll stop organizing things in Belgium.
                The only way stripping of the bad and ugly rules is the so calling trips made by friends without any organized view.
                I'm thinking to organize things in such a way, that I'll call for participans, ... describing the route and finally cancelling it off. Of course, there will be no restriction to make that trip, call it SD by yourself and of course, if evrybody does this the same day, on the same place, we could call it accidental reunion between friends
                I'll ask if we could act in that way, so, indeed as you wrote it, everybody will be responable for his own risks.
                The whole debacle about insurance, responsability is based, fed and mis-used by insurancecompagny's. I believe it is even so, that in bad case, that you need to lean on an insurance, you can't deny, nor refuce that your insurance-compagny seeks for victims to prensent them the bill. That is the problem...
                I hope that your idea to travel as a group as friends, not-organized, ... is a good, usuable one, any way, I'll investigate on it. This could be the solution !
                https://www.fotospotter.be
                Je suis content d’être heureux

Comment

Just keep us updated about your planning a trip to Ireland, you might run into a lot of friends who accidentally planned a trip too... great idea, Trebs!
                  Groets, Gerhard
                  Panasonic FZ1000 - Metz 45 - Nikon S3500

Comment

Working...
                  X