Deze discussie is gesloten.
X
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• BelgiumDigital & Copyright

Hello !

I'm a big fan of Belgium Digital, it's a very good idea and well developped. But I'm just wondering about copyright.

here some fuzzy question for all :

1) Can we post a picture of a house on a website without the aprouval of the architect and the house owner (like the belgian law requieres)

2) I don't see any copyright and usage notices about pictures that are available on Belgium Digital: So who owns the copyright ? the webmaster or the poster ?

3) Can we copy pictures from belgium digital to another website ?

4) Can we use pictures, posted on belgium digial, to a printed publication ?

5) Can people sell on cdrom pictures which were posted here ?

I guesss that a lot of answers will be 'no' !! So why there is no information about such restrictions.

Thanks in advance

Grumble

Hello grumble_grr,

Welcome to Belgium Digital.
    Now regarding your questions ...
    1) Copyright is an often discussed matter. When interpreted "to the letter", we can't make any images anymore.
    It's more the interpretation. When an image is used commercially, that's another matter.
    But, as said, it's an often discussed subject ...
    2) All images of the BD crew are copyrighted to Belgium Digital and that's stated also on this site ...
    POTD from non BD-crew members carry the copyright sign of their owner ...
    3) No - not without permission of the owner ...
    4) No - not without permission of the owner ...
    5) They could do that, but they would violate the copyright ...

The restriction is in the copyright message on enarly any page of BD ...
    Using an image of someone without his/her permission is a violation of copyrights in any way - no matter if there's a "copyright" message or not ...

Some of our forummembers have successfully dealt with copyright-issues ...
    So, it's better to not getting involved in such matters.
    Our forum-community is a "strong" one, keeping their eyes open for copyrights "abuses" ...

Kind regards,
    Jaja
    Voorzitter Belgiumdigital VZW - Sony A7III, Sony A7II, Nikon D500, D5300, Canon G5XMkI, Olympus E-M1MkII, allen met wat glaswerk ...
    Mijn webalbums: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jajabd/sets/ Mijn weblog: http://jajabd.wordpress.com

Belgiumdigital: uw digitale thuishaven!

Comment

Working...
    X