Collapse
Deze discussie is gesloten.
X
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Polarizer and Noise

Lately I have noticed that the skies in my pictures get extremely noisy when I use a circular polarizer on my E-20. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to minimize this noise?

btw- I have used but a Tiffen and Cokin circular polarizer...with the same basic problem.

- Andrew Hansen

http://www.andrewhansen.com
    - Andrew Hansen

I don't have my polarizer long, but I haven't noticed more noise then usual... Maybe I'm used to a bit more noise since my cam is a Minolta D7i ?

greetz,
    Canon EOS 5D mk III / EF 50 F1,4 / EF 24-105 F4 / EF 70-200 F2,8 / EF 100-400 F4,5-5,6 / Meike MK-5D3 / ​Ext EF 1.4x II

Comment

Originally posted by jouraeh
      Lately I have noticed that the skies in my pictures get extremely noisy when I use a circular polarizer on my E-20. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to minimize this noise?
      I can't say I have noticed it (72 mm slim B&W Polarizer on Nikon AF 24-85 f/2.8-4 D IF on a Nikon D100), but I'll take some specific test-pictures later on.

In the mean time: could it have to do with an increased reflection in the lens ?

Jörg
      Nikon D100 | Nikon SB800 | Nikkor AF 24-85 f/2.8-4 D IF | HiTi PhotoShuttle

Comment

I made some testshots and haven't noticed more noise, but it might depend on the camera. Remember that the polarizer only allows for approx. half of the light to pass. Depending on how your camera reacts to this (or how you set it), this might result in longer shuttertimes and/or higher iso-values; that in turn might affect the noise levels...

Jörg
        Nikon D100 | Nikon SB800 | Nikkor AF 24-85 f/2.8-4 D IF | HiTi PhotoShuttle

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
          I made some testshots and haven't noticed more noise, but it might depend on the camera. Remember that the polarizer only allows for approx. half of the light to pass. Depending on how your camera reacts to this (or how you set it), this might result in longer shuttertimes and/or higher iso-values; that in turn might affect the noise levels...

Jörg
          Hmmmm....is ee the promblem with ISO 80 and 1/60 sec....perhaps it has something to do with how the E-20 processes the colour blue...
          - Andrew Hansen

Comment

Hi,
            I'm having the same experience when using a Cokin Pola filter.
            Also I saw that the colors were not corresponding to the real colors.
            In order to solve this problem I bought a B&W Kaisemann Pola which I will receive during this week.
            I hope my colors will get better and that may be the noise is somewhat reduced also.
            My iso is fixed on 100 ASA.
            www.wildlifepixs.com

Comment

Originally posted by jouraeh

- Andrew Hansen

I used a B+W polarizer on my E10 and sure it was a bit noisy but not more then usual. In my opinion the E10 and E20 produces too much noise anyway. That was for me one of the main reasons i sold it and bought a Fuji S2. But i know for sure that my polarizer was definitely not increasing the amount of noise.

So it is strange that you have more noise with a polarize filter. I really never had that kind of problems!

By the way.. Nice website! There are really some awesome pictures on it! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
              Richard.

Comment

Working...
              X