No announcement yet.

Trading with an Belgian cheater!

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Trading with an Belgian cheater!

I am a foreign student, studying in Gent. I just try to buy a camera from a Belgian guy. And following here is the story:
    He put the adv in 2dehands:
    First of all, I place bid and he accept 270 Euros for thic camera. I ask him the address and time to go to buy this camera. He said he will be in number xx(i remove the number for no more problem) Geraardbergsesteenweg, Aalst at 20 PM. I went to Aalst and took bus to this palce, it was rain and cold night.
    He sent me a sms said that some one bidded 300 euros, and he only sell it for 300 euros, at that time, I had already in Aalst! I said, I accepted the price 300 and ask him when would he be in place. After 1 hour waiting in cold rain, he sms me that he could not come and request me send him money by post!
    When I came back Gent, I still thought that I can buy this camera, he sms me that he can give it to me at 13 PM, Friday at Aalst station. I accepted!
    I have bought a new Compact flash to test and use this camera, I have to off my work in office.
    Now he just send me a sms said that he will keep the camera!!!
    WTF??? I have a trip to Koln on Saturday and need a camera!
    I have never been in this situation and I have never thought that some one like this in Belgium! I am in Belgium for 1 and half year but I haven't got any bad experience with Belgian people, but now I have a good lesson about Belgian style! Luckily I haven't lost much money, but I lost another thing that is the impression of trustable Belgian!

I thought I have experience with this guy and share my thinking about him, this adv still in 2dehands, and some one still bid. I hope no more people be his victim!
    Due to request of this guy, I remove links, number of house and his emails but still keep the story.
    Last edited by Plutonium; 25 februari 2011, 16:12.

Re: Trading with an Belgian cheater!

maybe click on the link "Meld Misbruik" on that page (with the red ! before it) and do your explanation there.
    In that case the site can eventually block the advertisement

also, the guy does NOT live in Aalst but Denderhoutem, he even has a foto shop.
    maybe you should try to call him instead of sending sms'es????
    he did not really cheat you because I understand from your message that he changed his mind, by keeping it, without you having given the money...
    That his advertisement is still on the site might be just that he forgotten to remove it, or just that he realised that the body of his camera could cost more then the 300€ (apparantly now it is prized at 380€
    Also you bought a compact flash for just a D2H BODY????? you should then, also buy some lenses also, since that camera doesn't work without them.
    Last edited by Biohazard79; 25 februari 2011, 13:28.
    Mijn Blog
    D3100 - AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm - AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR -Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8 G DX

Comment

and you make an account on BD just to share this ?
      it's laster to a person , that's how I see it.
      Without benefiting one or the other.
      EOS5DMkIII/40D /Sony RX 100 MkIII/ EF70-200mmF/2.8L USM / EF 24-70mmF/2.8 / EF50mmF1,4 USM / EF100mmmF2,8 USM
      https://sites.google.com/view/pdh65/

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Biohazard79 Bekijk bericht
        maybe click on the link "Meld Misbruik" on that page (with the red ! before it) and do your explanation there.
        In that case the site can eventually block the advertisement
        Thanks! I just done it. It is very terrible experience! Now I have no camera to take picture in Koln, and I have to start sell my new CF card. I have d90 and nothing to do with this card! Unlucky that my D90 is in Nikon service now, it take 5 weeks!
        I know about the trade but I haven't got something like that before, I have buy lenses and also my D90 in Anwertp. I think if buyer and seller accepted the trade, it should be finish??? I am not only unhappy with this trade but also because I haven't got any camera for tomorrow trip. I also don't have time to buy another one!
        But, sorry about disturb if you find them in my post.
        Last edited by Plutonium; 25 februari 2011, 11:35.

Comment

Anderhalf jaar in Vlaanderen en nog steeds geen woord Nederlands.....straf

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Plutonium Bekijk bericht
            Thanks! I just done it. It is very terrible experience! Now I have no camera to take picture in Koln, and I have to start sell my new CF card. I have d90 and nothing to do with this card! Unlucky that my D90 is in Nikon service now, it take 5 weeks!
            first of all... the story just seems a bit strange to me since mr. R. apparantly is a professional photographer....
            Second of all, like PDH65 said, it is indeed strange to create just an account on this forum to talk like that about him, without showing proof...
            Third: why sell a CF card, can still be usefull afterwards...

Fourth: YES, i have sent a mail to that emailadress you gave, asking the person in question of his version of the story and notifying him of this topic, since, if what you tell is not true, you are putting someone in a bad spot, and since it is true, he can at least defend himself here.
            Last edited by Biohazard79; 25 februari 2011, 13:28.
            Mijn Blog
            D3100 - AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm - AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR -Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8 G DX

Comment

Belgian, like any other country out there, is having people from all walks of life.
              Do gooders, idealist, scammers, ...
              Strange you bought CF cards for a camera that cannot work with CF cards .

Comment

Dear all,
                I still keep all emails and SMS from this guy! If you need I will send it to you for a proof!
                I do not make a story for anything. I am a student in Gent University, if someone like to direct ask, you can PM and I will show all my proof.
                I saw in web that D2h use CF card. That why I bought it for testing and using, is it wrong???

Comment

Dear all,
                  I still keep all emails and SMS from this guy! If you need I will send it to you for a proof!
                  I do not make a story for anything. I am a student in Gent University, if someone like to direct ask, you can PM and I will show all my proof.
                  I saw in web that D2h use CF card. That why I bought it for testing and using, is it wrong???
                  Yes ..

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Sultana Bekijk bericht
                    Yes ..
                    Really? I bought a Compact flash named: sandisk ultra compact flash card. It is not usable in D2h?

Comment

Really? I bought a Compact flash named: sandisk ultra compact flash card. It is not usable in D2h?
                      Do some more research before you want to buy stuff. You are a university student so research is the buzz word in these circles.
                      This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_card

Btw, it beats me why you compare a D2H with a D90 camera

Comment

what I mostly think is: it is wrong to buy the card before you have the camera... especially with stuff bought over the internet.

What I don't understand is: you want to pay 300€ for a second hand camera, the sale fails, and now you complain that you don't have a camera for this weekend???
                        Why just not buy for a bit more a new one (just the body of a D5000 or 3100)????
                        they work also fine with the lenses of your D90
                        Mijn Blog

Comment

Btw little question
                          Code:
                          said he will be in 15 Geraardbergsesteenweg, Aalst at 20 PM. I went to Aalst and took bus to this palce, it was rain and cold night
                          So you did not enter the restaurant and asked if mr. R. was there????
                          even more simple, just enter and CALL his mobile phone, then you would have seen who picked up a phone, or where a phone was ringing
                          Last edited by Biohazard79; 25 februari 2011, 13:29.
                          Mijn Blog

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Sultana Bekijk bericht
                            Do some more research before you want to buy stuff. You are a university student so research is the buzz word in these circles.
                            This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_card

Btw, it beats me why you compare a D2H with a D90 camera
                            This one is the CF i have bought:
                            http://sandisk.com/products/dslr/san...id=7846#scroll I bought 4G one.

I do not compare the D90 and D2h, they are totally different. I bought D2h because it solid build, high speed, pro control and handling. I still keep my D90 for all most my shot but, with D2h i can go more further for sport and wide life. I do not want to sell my D90, but buy D2h first for my trip and for backup. I haven't got a camera in hand for nearly 5 weeks and i do not feel good because spring coming, flower and trees are growing, and I have many where to go suck as Carnival and Keukenhof.

Comment

and I have many where to go suck as Carnival and Keukenhof.
                              Typo that counts
                              www.fotofolio.be

Comment

Working...
                              X