English spoken here!

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• English spoken here!

Hi all,

Do any of you nice people want to chat in English?

What do you think is the best software to use for Canon D60 and 10D raw files?
    I have tried a couple of the ones available, Canon and powershovel with very different results and speeds, haven't tried C1 yet.

Nick

Hi Nick,

You may want to try YarcPlus or Breezebrowser. Both are versatile RAW convertors offering a whole range of functions. Capture One is said to be the best software available. If you're prepared to fork out the 99 greenbacks it costs, I'd say go for that one. C1 receives lots of rave reviews.

Regards,
    Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank,

Do you use raw files?
      If so, what software do you use?

Canon's own software has been getting a lot of critisism, but I've had good results from it, it's just very slow.

I used to think processing raw files was a waste of time, however recently I have been playing around with them and I have dicovered that I can get better more realisic image by doing all the sharpening in Photoshop.

I think I'll be using raw a lot more!

I'd like to try C1, I've heard that once tried, you will want to buy it, as it is so good.
      £99 seems like a lot of money for a raw converter though!

regards,
      Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

I only shoot RAW and I bought YarcPlus to convert the RAW files to JPG thumbnails and to TIFF for the pics I want to print.

Shooting RAW involves a different workflow than shooting JPEG. On the other hand, it leaves you all the room you need to improve your pictures afterwards.

If you need more information, do a search on the Canon SLR forum at www.dpreview.com. This subject has been discussed many times there .

Regards,
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        X