old digital cameras needed for workshop

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• old digital cameras needed for workshop

Hi All,

In the next few months I'll be starting up an art workshop in Ronse. However, for the workshop we're looking for sponsors, people with old digital cameras that they don't use anymore, and simply aren't saleable due to the market being flooded with new and cheaper models. Ideally, the cameras will be good enough to print the images so unfortunately the tiny .3mp cameras aren't going to be much use. However, due to the fact that the workshop is made up of people with cross section of autism and ability, we cannot ensure these cameras will be returned in exactly the condition they were supplied in. (I add that line with caution though, I don't like to try and predict the manner and behaviour of the participants.)
    I am going to try and contact manufacturers too, but thought it might be nice to try here first, the community that is built on the passion for taking digital photographs.

I'll end this with the official word from Catherine, Organiser and passionate pusher of cultural and community art projects in Ronse.

"Aan een 20-tal mensen met autisme gepassioneerd door fotografie wordt vanaf maart 2006 de kans gegeven om deel te nemen aan een fotoproject in Ronse. Het is het tweede project voor mensen met autisme van Hikari kunst- en cultuurforum vzw en staat onder leiding van Rob Mitchell, professioneel fotograaf. Na de nodige ondersteuning via een workshop, is het de bedoeling dat de mensen met autisme onder begeleiding de stad intrekken en hun beeld van de stad in een heel aantal foto’s weergeven. M.a.w. hoe zien zij de stad? Elke fotoreeks zal een andere kijk geven op de stad hetgeen het project zo boeiend zal maken. Daarna zullen de foto’s worden gemonteerd tot één unieke fototentoonstelling in de Cultuurfabriek in Ronse.
    Om de eerste fase van het project te realiseren zoeken we digitale fototoestellen die we dan aan de deelnemers van het project ter beschikking kunnen stellen. Misschien hebt u ergens een digitaal toestel liggen dat u al lang niet meer gebruikt en u wil het fotoproject steunen?
    Alvast van harte dank voor de medewerking."

Catherine can be contacted via: de.cultuurfabriek@telenet.be.
    Or of course, you can contact me directly.

Many thanks.
    Rob.

Re: old digital cameras needed for workshop

Why won't 3mp camera's be much of use ?
    Large prints ?

Comment

Re: old digital cameras needed for workshop

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door scalll
      Why won't 3mp camera's be much of use ?
      Large prints ?
      I think this is what trebs means: .3 = 0.3 mp

Comment