Aankondiging

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for BIG field with space... lots of space.

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• looking for BIG field with space... lots of space.

A strange request here...

Some of you might know that I'm into flying planes and helicopters..
    I'm looking for a field or place to be able to fly a few planes and helicopters...
    I can fly here at home, there is space enough but there are houses within 200m and they're going to get annoyed I think Especially if there are a few of us flying together.

So, if anyone knows of a land owner/farmer with no houses within 200m please let me know.

Where? Anywhere around East Flanders would be ideal.

Oh and yes, there could be photo opportunities here too, these things are very spectacular when they're flying but safety comes first, these things can be lethal and consideration for neighbours is very important too.

thanks,

The crazy Englishman Rob

Re: looking for BIG field with space... lots of space.

My neighbour is member of a flying-club in Leffinge. Maybe I can let you keep in touch with him...?

link

Mvg,
    Frederic

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Frederic De Smet Bekijk bericht
      My neighbour is member of a flying-club in Leffinge. Maybe I can let you keep in touch with him...?

link

Mvg,
      Frederic
      Thanks Frederic,
      Marnix is one of the guys I know, who's also looking for a place more central in Flanders

Comment

In "mijnen achtertuin" zitte ze vaak met die vliegtuigskes lawaai te maken.
        T'is wel niet in de buurt..

Comment

It has just been in the news this week: the two ghost bridges in Varsenare(Jabbeke) are to be demolished due to high maintenance expenses. One of these bridges is special, in that nothing goes over it, and nothing goes under it. Brilliant playground for a mischievous kid. And guess what, I was one of those, and I lived close enough to be able to sneak over there with my friends, without our parents knowing. One thing I remember is that some guy used one of these bridges to fly his (Big) RC plane from. Picture this: A four lane bridge with asphalt and everything(on the top of the bridge anyway)as a perfect landing strip, in the middle of the fields. No neighbours to complain, and a high vantage point to control the plane...

You can find a picture here. It's the top one on the right side.

Let me know if you're interested. I'd have to go and check out what the bridge looks like now, and if the terrain isn't closed off.
          It would probably not qualify as weekly meeting ground, but I think it could be fun.
          Last edited by Mountainhunter; 22 augustus 2008, 18:41.
          Sony α 200 --- Minolta 50/F1,7 --- Minolta 24-105/F3,5-4,5D --- Minolta 75-300 F4.5-5.6 New --- Minolta 70-210/F4 --- Minolta 35-70/F4 --- Minolta 3600HS(d) --- Sigma 300 f4 APO --- Sigma 18 f3.5

Comment

nearby Gembloux there is a field of largely over 100 acres and only a verry charming square farm in the middle of it. We used that field to record the world record wheat harvest (now somewere in the guiness books of records)

we used 4 helicopters to film the event, and no houses aruond besides the old farm

tip: 2nd half of august the harvest should be done, and the fields are empty

Comment

thanks guys, some good tips here!

Comment

Als oud-modelvlieger weet ik dat weinig mensen het kunnen waarderen als je met een (brandstof aangedreven) modelvliegtuig in hun buurt gaat vliegen. Het geluid draagt dan ook vele honderden meters ver.
                Best kan je aansluiten bij een bestaande modelvliegclub, je kan er ook nog wat van leren.
                Zie de website van de VML: http://www.flytovml.com/ en kijk onder de tab Clubs naar de gegevens van clubs in jouw buurt.

Willy
                Hombre

Infected in 1970 by Kodak Instamatic. Today: Canon 7D

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Hombre Bekijk bericht
                  Als oud-modelvlieger weet ik dat weinig mensen het kunnen waarderen als je met een (brandstof aangedreven) modelvliegtuig in hun buurt gaat vliegen. Het geluid draagt dan ook vele honderden meters ver.
                  Best kan je aansluiten bij een bestaande modelvliegclub, je kan er ook nog wat van leren.
                  Zie de website van de VML: http://www.flytovml.com/ en kijk onder de tab Clubs naar de gegevens van clubs in jouw buurt.

Willy
                  Willy,
                  Done that too
                  But informal meetings are fun.
                  Yes, motors make noise, especially the helicopters, most of us fly electric now though.

Comment

In De Haan

Open field, allowed and neighbours that are used to the sound & oil drops

Neighbours like me
                    www.fotofolio.be

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Frederic De Smet Bekijk bericht

link

Mvg,
                      Frederic
                      where is this flying club?

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door robin goddyn Bekijk bericht
                        where is this flying club?
                        gevlogen...topic is al 3 jaar oud..?
                        grt,bouk.
                        wie niet spreekt wordt niet gehoord, wie niet schrijft wordt niet gelezen.
                        http://s281.photobucket.com/user/tut...0polder?sort=3
                        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008593234290

Comment

Working...
                        X