No announcement yet.

image to camera

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• image to camera

I would like to put images I have on my computer on my camera but when I do that I get a black screen, and sometimes he writes file format not supported, I did change the format with photoshop to get the right format and rgb but it still doesn't work. If someone can help me here plz

thanx,
    crasa

I would like to help, but unless you don't specify a bit more your problem, then I'm afraid I can't do much for you...

Did you try a cardreader yet?
    What type of camera do you have?
    http://www.digifotofreak.nl

Comment

well I have 2 camera's one for serious pictures and one for leisure.
      A pentax optio 550 and an AIPTEK 3300 (I bought this for it's mp3 and high quality movies capabilities)

But I just want to put some pictures from my hard disk to my camera, pictures who were not taken by my camera but it doesn't work, is there any way to do that?
      thanks

Comment

Why do you wanna do that ?
        I don't get it
        Nikon D700 & D70 | Nikkor AF-S 17-35 2.8 + 50 1.8 + 105 2.8 macro + 18-200 VR II
        Sigma 100-300 F4 EX APO HSM| Nikon SB-800 | Manfrotto 479B | Albums: Fototime| 500px

Comment

Originally posted by crasa
          well I have 2 camera's one for serious pictures and one for leisure.
          A pentax optio 550 and an AIPTEK 3300 (I bought this for it's mp3 and high quality movies capabilities)

But I just want to put some pictures from my hard disk to my camera, pictures who were not taken by my camera but it doesn't work, is there any way to do that?
          thanks
          Normally it's not a problem to write photo's to the camera, but unless you're using the same compression ratio for Jpeg as the camera uses, you won't be able to see them.
          You can always try of course, trying to use different compression ratio's, but since you (and I) don't know what compression ratio's the camera uses, it will be sth like trial and error.

Tip: download JPEG-Wizard at http://www.jpegwizard.com/; open an image taken with your camera's with it and in the info box you can see what compression ratio it uses. If you then save your images using the same ratio, then you should be able to view the photo's in the camera...

Hope this helps...

If you have any more problems: just ask!

Comment

What you need is TVwriter, a tool thats made to put photo´s back to your camera and use the cam to show them on TV.. Well, the tv part is not needed in this, but you can also use it to show the photo´s on that other camera

It also compresses the pictures very much so you can put a amazing ammount of pictures on a memorycard this way.

Comment

Wow, I just struggled with the same problem and couldn't find a way to let the camera accept my uploaded pictures. Now I've learned that compression is the key to succes in this case, and - of equal importancy - how to solve the problem .
              Thanks a lot!
              www.lowspark.nl

Comment

A big thanks to Marcfoto and plofkop, this really helped me I always wanted to do that but it never worked and now it's great

Comment

wher do i find tvwriter?

Comment

I will send it to you by MSN, ok?

edit: oops, lost it.. but here you can find it:
                    www.satsignal.net

Comment

Originally posted by MarcFoto
                      open an image taken with your camera's with it and in the info box you can see what compression ratio it uses.
                      As far as I know: info about the compression used to save a JPG image is not stored inside the image using the JPG standard. That is because this info would be meaningless. What if you save a JPG at 80%, re-open the image and then re-save it at 98%? What would then be stored inside the image; 98? That would give a mis-impression of the quality. Perhaps that is something MarcFoto could try out for us using the JPGWizard tool.

I assume JPG Wizard tool shows an indication of the compression used... or it shows this info only for lossless JPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Havezet
                        Originally posted by MarcFoto
                        open an image taken with your camera's with it and in the info box you can see what compression ratio it uses.
                        As far as I know: info about the compression used to save a JPG image is not stored inside the image using the JPG standard. That is because this info would be meaningless. What if you save a JPG at 80%, re-open the image and then re-save it at 98%? What would then be stored inside the image; 98? That would give a mis-impression of the quality. Perhaps that is something MarcFoto could try out for us using the JPGWizard tool.

I assume JPG Wizard tool shows an indication of the compression used... or it shows this info only for lossless JPGs.
                        Of course,
                        resaving a Jpeg is quiet meaningless, because you 'overcompress' your data and will loose information.
                        But in your example, Jpeg-wizard will indicate 80%...
                        Really, Jpeg-wizard is a must have, if only for publishing photo's on the net...

Comment

I'm happy tvwriter works perfectly with my pentax

Comment

but for my aiptek I need a compression ratio of 14,9:1 and I just can't do that

Comment

Working...
                            X