Eerste maal studiowerk

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Eerste maal studiowerk

Hey iedereen,

Nu ik mijn strobistenkit ter beschikking hebt, wil ik daar ook mee experimenteren.

Nu zaterdag ga ik een shoot doen van een vriendin en haar dochtertje.
    Zouden julle me tips kunnen geven omtrent:
    - Welke posities het model moet aannemen om ik best te kunnen oefenen ? En zij ook wat resultaat te hebben.
    - Welke one-lighting setups ik eens moet proberen, mss in een bepaalde volgorde ? Kwestie van comfort voor model en fotograaf misschien.
    - Hoe jullie het model begeleiden tijdens de shoot ?

Allerlei tips zijn welkom. Ik heb dan ook nog veel te leren.

Alvast bedankt !
    Merijn.
    Portfolio: http://www.facebook.com/BetaMuFotografie

Re: Eerste maal studiowerk

het is allemaal nogal wat vaag, je vraag.

uit wat bestaat je stobistenkit? 1 of meerdere flitsers? als je helemaal leek bent heb je een geduldig model nodig en dat is een kind niet.
    ik heb in het begin heel veel met een teddybeer gewerkt als model, die is tenminsten geduldig. Je moet eerst een idee krijgen voor je licht, leren omgaan met je model, leren omgaan met een kindermodel.....
    een kind kan zowiezo niet model zijn, je moet het kind iets laten doen, met iets bezig laten zijn en dan je ding doen. Het zal snel iets beu worden.
    wees ook voorzichtig dat het ene model geen schaduw werpt op het ander. Probeer je lens op ooghoogte van je model te houden.
    Het zijn natuurlijk geen absolute regels enkel maar een startpunt.
    en blijf er plezier in hebben
    D300, wat nikor lenzen, plaats voor een studio.

Comment

Bedankt voor de reactie.

Ik heb even gemaild naar R.J. Bradbury (bekend van zijn filmpjes op youtube en van NewToPhoto). Super reactie gekregen ook. Dit kan misschien ook nuttig zijn voor anderen.

Hi Merijn

Practice is key, as are mistakes as we can learn from them. Please also note I will say some things in this email that are how I work, they may not be right for you.

As it is your first shoot with a model keep it real simple, one light, one modifier and a stand.

Regarding lighting setups, you don't Have To use any but feel free to try any you like. Start with a simple light position 45 degrees and the light raised up some to drop a shadow under the chin and keep your model turned towards the light. I always try to get light in the eyes so don't take the light too high up or have your model bring her chin to far down or the eyes go dark.

This image has the light camera left at 45 ish degrees and high up to drop that shadow under the chin. http://500px.com/photo/9379471

Even using one light we have tons of options of positions, modifiers, lighting styles. Start simple, start somewhere.

Another one I like is having the light set up over head and slightly out in front of the model, usually with a large-ish umbrella/softbox (for a soft light) as it gives real nice light Like in this image

I don't know what kit you have, but what ever it is use just that and get to know it. A good modifier to start with is a 43" or 60" convertible umbrella as its a very versatile modifier.

Forgive me if you know all this ... remember.

Shutter, Aperture, ISO control Ambient light.

Aperture, ISO, flash power and working distance control flash exposure.

You have a sync speed limit (faster shutter speed you can use with flash) usually 1/200th or 1/250th sec depending on camera model/specs

Myself and Mark have produced a series of flash tutorials on www.newtophoto.com

If your are comfortable with the settings side of it then please ignore the above.

Regarding posing, its real difficult to explain over email so I will like you to some posts on my site and 500px. Also feel free to look at my portfolio on my site for pose ideas. Other good sources are magazines.

Posing takes time to learn, not everyone is a real model so its good to have some basic poses to work with. Communication is key, let your subject know what you want you can even show them an example image if needed. Always give positive feed back to your subject/model, keep talking in between shots.. don't go quiet looking at the back of your camera.

This is my personal take - Hands off your models. I have seen it where a photographer has walked up and touched a model with out asking for permission and it kills the shoot, its creepy so I don't touch at all. Also no crappy male sexist comments.. they spoil shoots also.

Above all have fun, you will make mistakes.. fall down, just get back up dust off and carry on.

Below are some sites for pose ideas.

The Photography of RJ Bradbury Photography - Commercial Photography, Portrait Photography, Business Head Shots, Actor Head Shots.

Damien Lovegrove's work is great. His site is full of pose ideas. http://www.prophotonut.com/

Bex Lendon - A Model I work with. http://bexlendon.tumblr.com/

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the email.

Rick

Comment

Bedankt voor de reactie.

Ik heb even gemaild naar R.J. Bradbury (bekend van zijn filmpjes op youtube en van NewToPhoto). Super reactie gekregen ook. Dit kan misschien ook nuttig zijn voor anderen.

Hi Merijn

Practice is key, as are mistakes as we can learn from them. Please also note I will say some things in this email that are how I work, they may not be right for you.
        As it is your first shoot with a model keep it real simple, one light, one modifier and a stand.

Regarding lighting setups, you don't Have To use any but feel free to try any you like. Start with a simple light position 45 degrees and the light raised up some to drop a shadow under the chin and keep your model turned towards the light. I always try to get light in the eyes so don't take the light too high up or have your model bring her chin to far down or the eyes go dark.
        This image has the light camera left at 45 ish degrees and high up to drop that shadow under the chin. http://500px.com/photo/9379471
        Even using one light we have tons of options of positions, modifiers, lighting styles. Start simple, start somewhere.
        Another one I like is having the light set up over head and slightly out in front of the model, usually with a large-ish umbrella/softbox (for a soft light) as it gives real nice light Like in this image

I don't know what kit you have, but what ever it is use just that and get to know it. A good modifier to start with is a 43" or 60" convertible umbrella as its a very versatile modifier.

Forgive me if you know all this ... remember.

Shutter, Aperture, ISO control Ambient light.

Aperture, ISO, flash power and working distance control flash exposure.

You have a sync speed limit (faster shutter speed you can use with flash) usually 1/200th or 1/250th sec depending on camera model/specs

Myself and Mark have produced a series of flash tutorials on www.newtophoto.com

If your are comfortable with the settings side of it then please ignore the above.

Regarding posing, its real difficult to explain over email so I will like you to some posts on my site and 500px. Also feel free to look at my portfolio on my site for pose ideas. Other good sources are magazines.

Posing takes time to learn, not everyone is a real model so its good to have some basic poses to work with. Communication is key, let your subject know what you want you can even show them an example image if needed. Always give positive feed back to your subject/model, keep talking in between shots.. don't go quiet looking at the back of your camera.

This is my personal take - Hands off your models. I have seen it where a photographer has walked up and touched a model with out asking for permission and it kills the shoot, its creepy so I don't touch at all. Also no crappy male sexist comments.. they spoil shoots also.

Above all have fun, you will make mistakes.. fall down, just get back up dust off and carry on.

Below are some sites for pose ideas.

The Photography of RJ Bradbury Photography - Commercial Photography, Portrait Photography, Business Head Shots, Actor Head Shots.

Damien Lovegrove's work is great. His site is full of pose ideas. http://www.prophotonut.com/
        Bex Lendon - A Model I work with. http://bexlendon.tumblr.com/

Let me know how you get on.
        Thanks for the email.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X