D800/d800e

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• D800/d800e

Hoi,

Zijn er mensen die reeds effectief het verschil tss D800 en D800E hebben uitgetest? Naar wat ik lees/hoor is de extra scherpte van de E ongeveer 1 pixel en geeft de moire problemen bij het filmen(?)
    maw, loont het de moeite extra bucks uit te geven voor de E versie?

Thx

Re: D800/d800e

http://www.stillmation.com/roblog/

Uit

http://forum.belgiumdigital.com/f59/...ml#post3611872
    https://www.fotospotter.be
    Je suis content d’être heureux

Comment

Als je pixelpeept zie je het verschil wel duidelijk, bij prints zal het (volgens mij) slechts duidelijk worden wanneer je billboards print. Voor 90% van de toepassingen in de fotografie is de D 800 al meeer dan genoeg.
      Enkel voor billboards, mode, landschap, macro... Zie ik een potentieel voor de E. En dan nog volstaat de D800. Moiré in video ziet er idd niet zo goed uit op de E, maar is toch zeldzaam. Als video belangrijk is, neem dan de gewone.

Voor mijn toepassingen ( waaronder ook video) is de D800 meer waard dan de E.
      Als je 100% crops regelmatig wilt uitprinten en gebruiken, dan is een D800 E wel handig. Maar zeker niet noodzakelijk.

Comment

Ook de normale d800 heeft soms moire. Iig die van mij heb ik het nu op 2 foto's gezien die in het donker zijn genomen. Het is niet storend of heel erg. Verschil tussen de d800 en d800e is denk ik niet zo gek groot en pas interessant als je echte grote uitvergrotingen wilt maken. Het zijn beide gewoon droomcamera's waarbij de enige beperking de persoon achter de camera is.
        Groeten Remco.

Comment

Ga morgen mijne d800 oppikken wat is moire?
          Nikon D800 - Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 - Nikkor 70-200mm VRII 2.8 - Nikkor 85mm 1.4

Comment

Merci voor de reacties, ik zag ondertussen dat er al een topic hierover gestart is: http://forum.belgiumdigital.com/f9/n...0e-414729.html
            Boy1308: moire is het vervelend streepjespatroon als je streepjes fotografeert/filmt

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door boy1308 Bekijk bericht
              Ga morgen mijne d800 oppikken wat is moire?

1 neem google
              2 type moire
              3 zoeken
              4 afbeeldingen.

1000den voorbeelden
              nikon stuff

Comment

Wat is Google? neenee heb het opgezocht
                Nikon D800 - Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 - Nikkor 70-200mm VRII 2.8 - Nikkor 85mm 1.4

Comment

haha,

pff moire is ferm afhankelijk van de hoek, licht, ...
                  soms ga je het hebben, een andere keer niet of minder!
                  lr4 kan het al "corrigeren" nikon software ook.

normaal komt da wel in orde
                  nikon stuff

Comment

Hmmmm, Thom Hogan heeft de D800(E) een not recommended status gegeven. Ik test mijn D800E deze week met Reikan (Fo-Cal)
                    Bron: www.bythom.com

Quote:
                    Unintended Consequences
                    July 23 (commentary)--With Nikon basically still in traditional Japanese denial mode on the left autofocus sensor programming problem, the fallout has begun.

First up, me. After thinking about this (again, there's not much to do sitting on the tarmac for two-and-a-half hours and in a terminal for another six), I've realized that I've made a mistake. My D800 Review currently says Recommended. It should not. I've got enough data now to know the left sensor issue is not a problem with just a couple of cameras, but is reasonably widespread. I also have enough feedback from Nikon users that getting Nikon's attention is a giant game of Gatekeeper: some people are getting past the gatekeeper more easily than others. It seems that it isn't quite as simple as calling them and reporting that your camera has a focus problem. According to some emails I've been receiving, Nikon seems to want to make at least some of you leap over some unknown hurdle first. Plus, here in the US Nikon is not picking up shipping to them, not even retroactively when they discover that your camera did indeed have the manufacturing error they know about and are fixing.

Thus, because of the apparent widespread nature of the problem and Nikon's response to it, I'm going to have to change my review to Not Recommended, and it will stay that way until such time as it becomes clear to me that all new cameras coming into the US are free of the left AF sensor programming problem. That might be a day, a week, a month, or more. One problem will be that Nikon almost certainly won't send me a message saying "all new cameras are fine," which is a relative of the "we won't acknowledge any problems with our cameras" position they've been taking. So I'll have to figure out for myself when it appears that the pipeline is free of this demon, and that might take me longer than it should. Not a consequence Nikon wants, I believe, but one they now deserve given their stance.

Meanwhile, the whole nature of this problem has brought out the Super Testers. And these testers are finding that the autofocus system isn't quite what they expected. Modest differences between sensors and consistency are the norm and always have been. In practical shooting, small differences don't generally have any significant consequence. Still, a -10 is not a -5. So we see the Internet Amplification Effect (IAE) all over again. People are finally testing closely enough to see the differences that have always been there. Indeed, we now are getting automated test systems (e.g. Reikan FoCal, but there are others in development, too) that will report just what the autofocus system is doing. Almost no one is going to see their camera get a "perfect report."

While we're talking about very small differences here (a -5 on AF Fine Tune represents an extraordinarily small tolerance, one we used to be blissfully unaware of and ignore), people are bothered by seeing any difference. The more of these automated testing suites we see and the more they get used, the more people are going to put pressure on Nikon about its autofocus system (Canon, too, probably, but they're not the focus of this story, pardon the pun). So here we have another consequence Nikon doesn't want, and one with an unknown outcome. Imagine what happens if someone compiles a database of these automated test results and it shows that Canon is plus or minus 5 on average and Nikon is plus or minus 10. Oh yeah, such a database will happen, believe me. Nikon had better hope that they win that battle, but it's their fault that such a database gets generated in the first place.

Another unintended consequence is spillover. That's compounded by the fact that the D7000 launch was also accompanied by a lot of "doesn't focus right" complaints. As I was writing this I got two emails with image samples, one from a D800 and one from another Nikon DSLR. Both showed some left/center difference, but not the level of difference I would expect to see from the misprogrammed sensor table. One looks like it could be a lens problem (miscentered or misaligned lenses can produce left/center/right differences, too). Again, this is the IAE at work. My guess is that Nikon has now opened all their equipment up to far closer scrutiny overall, and so two numbers will go up: their requests for returns for repair, and their customer dissatisfaction levels on surveys like those by JD Power.

Also consider this: until this problem became clear, the D800 was "the camera to buy." Now it's "the camera to test at the dealer before taking it home." Or maybe just "the camera to avoid for awhile." Ouch. Oh, and Nikon has some new cameras coming soon. Any bets on what the number one sales question will be on those? No, not "how many pixels does it have?" More like "Have they fixed the focus problem yet?"

Nikon's approach on dealing with the D800 focus issue is all wrong. That approach will create real and lasting consequences for the brand and other Nikon DSLRs they launch in the near term.

Personally, I understand how complex these products are and how many moving pieces all have to be executed perfectly. Every now and then you make a mistake. The real brand distinction is made in how you acknowledge and fix those mistakes. Leave any doubt in the customer's mind and you start knocking over the unintended consequence dominoes.

Comment

I do have both the D800 and D800E and will be writing an article for Shoot on my findings. Not a tech spec sheet comparison but my own style of using the cameras for my work and seeing how they perform in those situations. Readers of Shoot will already have seen some of my test/review articles so it'll be in that style.
                      I will of course do a side-by-side comparison 'in the field' too. Both cameras with the same lenses and same subjects.

Sultana, You're using Fo-Cal? I know the creator very well.

Rob.

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Sultana Bekijk bericht
                        Hmmmm, Thom Hogan heeft de D800(E) een not recommended status gegeven. Ik test mijn D800E deze week met Reikan (Fo-Cal)

Quote:

Ben zeer benieuwd naar de uitslag...

Walter
                        D850

Comment

Door drukte typisch aan mijn eerste week verlof is dit uitgesteld naar volgende week en wordt deze getest met de 14-24mm f2.8, de lens die de "fouten" toont als er iets verkeerd is met de D800(E).
                          Rob, I am going to use Fo-Cal next week indeed, bought it a few weeks ago but didn't had the time yet to test is. Couple days ago a newer version was released with new test sheets. Will print them on the recommoneded type of paper and keep you all informed.

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Sultana Bekijk bericht

Quote:
                            Ik vind het vreselijk dat je zoveel tijd moet stoppen in dit probleem in plaats van met een gerust hart te kunnen fotograferen.

Ik wacht ook nog altijd op een duidelijk signaal van Nikon alvorens de D800E te kopen

Comment

Wat de focus problemen betreft is hier het antwoord van Nikon :

-----

Geachte heer,

Bedankt voor uw email.

Er zijn een paar gevallen bekend met een probleem met de linker focus punten bij de Nikon D800 en Nikon D800E camera, in combinatie met groothoekobjectieven of zoomobjectieven in het groothoekbereik, dit probleem is op te lossen door het Nikon Service Point in België Procirep.

Aangezien dit echter maar een paar gebruikers betreft is er voor gekozen dit op te lossen op het Service Point, in uw geval Procirep, uiteraard onder garantie,

Voor uw gemak heb ik al vast de technische guide bijgevoegd, waarin handige tips staan voor het gebruik van deze hoge resolutie camera en hierin staan ook de aanbevolen objectieven voor gebruik met deze camera. U kunt de guide bekijken in de bijlage van dit incident 120703-000283 op de Nikon.be pagina. De technische guide staat anders ook op de site. (Service en Support, Support en downloads, handleidingen.) Onze handleidingen zijn overigens sinds kort ook uit te printen.

Vertrouwende u hiermee van dienst te zijn.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Robert Vermeulen
                              Nikon Europa Support

----
                              www.christian-bailleul.be | Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X