No announcement yet.

looking for a wedding assistant

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• looking for a wedding assistant

(been reminded why I don't post to BD anymore)
    Last edited by RobMitchell; 15 september 2009, 22:28. Reden: reminded that BD isn't the place it used to be.

Re: looking for a wedding assistant

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door trebs Bekijk bericht
    As the topic says..

I'm looking for an assistant to help on the 26th Sept.
    Someone with a driving license, reliable, good concentration and willing to work. pass equipment, hold flashes, bounce screens, etc, etc. Enthusiasm is a must.

It'll be a long day of course, so it goes without saying that food and drink are included.

To be clear though, I'm not looking for a second shooter for this occasion, but it's an opportunity for any keep amateur to see how it all happens. Fun and learning can be assured.

If anyone is interested, please contact me asap with a phone number and contact details.

Thanks,
    Rob.
    You are clearly living in a different world.
    Ubi bene, ibi patria.
    BD0388BE
    Een website

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door theokus Bekijk bericht
      <sigh>
      no, very much the real one.
      I knew I shouldn't have bothered posting it on this forum..
      Thanks for reminding me why.

Comment

<sigh>
        no, very much the real one.
        I knew I shouldn't have bothered posting it on this forum..
        Thanks for reminding me why.
        Rob

Please read your own signature:

Beroep
        I make photos for €
        Ubi bene, ibi patria.
        BD0388BE
        Een website

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door theokus Bekijk bericht
          Rob

Please read your own signature:

Beroep
          I make photos for €
          and?.... your point is?

So a professional photographer isn't welcome here?
          No problem.

Comment

and?.... your point is?

So a professional photographer isn't welcome here?
            No problem.
            Maybe I was too hasty
            I was talking with your wanted assistent in mind.
            Ubi bene, ibi patria.
            BD0388BE
            Een website

Comment

there are more than enough people that would like to walk around with a pro on a wedding day.

some little known facts:
              1. I never pay my wedding assistants;
              2. all of my collegues that I ever asked about this never pay assistants;
              3. sometimes my assistants are non-payed pros holding the sunbounce and installing flashes. I compensate them by doing the same when they need an assistant and I have a weekend without bookings.
              4. eventually, when the assistant is a would-be or starting pro, I allow him/her to make some images for his portfolio.

We all learn from each other, that's the most important part.
              If you're afraid to lose business by teaching skills to others, then you're maybe not confident enough as a photographer. Also make clear what an assistant is expected and allowed to do and there's no problem:
              - no handing out of business cards or self-promotion
              - operate in your name
              - share images for the wedding album (I request about 10 images to have some different angles or great shots that I maybe didn't see, it happens...). I only ask basic editing of these images so I can apply my personal style on them.
              - dress up

@trebs: I'm busy on the 26th. Wedding season is a full force at the moment!

G
              Last edited by geertvandenbroeck; 15 september 2009, 23:24.
              fijnefotografie.be, blog, workshops en fotostudio te huur in Aalst
              Een beeldscherm is geen aanvaardbare manier om je foto's te presenteren. Kwaliteit komt pas bovendrijven in een print...

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door geertvandenbroeck Bekijk bericht
                there are more than enough people that would like to walk around with a pro on a wedding day.

some little known facts:
                3. sometimes my assistants are non-payed pros holding the sunbounce and installing flashes. I compensate them by doing the same when they need an assistant and I have a weekend without bookings.
                4. eventually, when the assistant is a would-be or starting pro, I allow him/her to make some images for his portfolio.

If you're afraid to lose business by teaching skills to others, then you're maybe not confident enough as a photographer. Also make clear what an assistant is expected and allowed to do and there's no problem:
                - operate in your name
                - share images for the wedding album (I request about 10 images to have some different angles or great shots that I maybe didn't see, it happens...). I only ask basic editing of these images so I can apply my personal style on them.
                - dress up

G
                Geert, exactly.
                Real world practice, correct, professional and rewarding to all who take part.

To those who have and will contact me, I thank you in advance for you offers and enthusiasm. I will get back to everyone very shortly.

With respect for those who have respect.
                Rob.

Comment

Don't worry Rob, certain people do need a reality check of their own.
                  I do ventilate my opinion here also from time to time and not everyone else needs to be agree with me but I do get crancky when people feel the urge in reacting to all posts written on this forum, and I do mean all of them (what chit chat concerns) with texts not written by themselves or just blunt statements.
                  Today or tomorrow I get my new lens and will be out shooting again and can only advice this to some other people also.

For the rest, keep on posting Rob.

Comment

I would be super happy with a chance like this, and I really like the fact that you post it here... Don't worry about those old time winers!
                    Tommy
                    My homepage : www.digitalviolence.be

Comment

Snap ik niet.

some little known facts:

- operate in your name
                      - dress up

G
                      Mee eens.
                      Olympus OMD Em-1/Lumix GX8www.paly.be blog- Facebook

Comment

Volgens mij was iederéén die tot nu toe hier postte in staat om dat in het Nederlands te doen.

Waarom het Engels gebruiken ?
                        Last edited by 35a; 16 september 2009, 12:23.

Comment

Och jongen toch... De originele post was in het Engels, en de TS is Engelstalig, dus wat is het probleem? Ik krijg het op mijn heupen van die taalpuristen... Als je niet tegen Engels kan blijf dan van het internet en van computers in het algemeen...
                          Tommy
                          My homepage : www.digitalviolence.be

Comment

Ikke een taalpurist ? 't Zou best eens kunnen, TommyG !

Maar geef me eens 1 goeie reden waarom iedereen hier het Engels aanhoudt !

Ik krijg de indruk dat het bewust wordt gedaan om een afstandje te scheppen. 2 Websites heb ik bezocht (Die van de starter én die van jou. Schit-te-ren-de foto's overigens, op jouw site !) en wat lees ik ? JAWEL : Nederlands !

Waarom dan hier in het Engels ?
                            Geloof me : er zijn genoeg mensen die het Engels niét machtig (genoeg) zijn om te kunnen volgen. Er was éérst lezen en dàn "begrijpend lezen" ; als je je dat nog herinnert ?

Als het Vlaams of het Nederlands "jouw" taal is (ah ja, je gebruikt ze bijvoorbeeld op je site) ; welke reden kan je dan hebben om in het Engels te oreren ?

En dan heb ik het natuurlijk niét over jouw standpunt in de hele discussie want volgens mij hebben zowel de starter van de draad als jijzelf gelijk. Ten andere : het is ook maar een voorstel, elk moet voor zichzelf uitmaken of hij daar iets kan doen en (vooral) leren.

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door 35a Bekijk bericht
                              Volgens mij was iederéén die tot nu toe hier postte in staat om dat in het Nederlands te doen.

Waarom het Engels gebruiken ?
                              Iets iesy, four te foureign visytors ei!

www.fotofolio.be

Comment

Working...
                              X