Aankondiging

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuji uitzonderlijk stil op de dslr markt.

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Fuji uitzonderlijk stil op de dslr markt.

Het is de laatste tijd toch wel uitzonderlijk stil op de dslr markt bij Fuji.

Zouden ze mischien in alle stilte stoppen in dit marktsegment of zou het de stilte vóór de storm zijn

Re: Fuji uitzonderlijk stil op de dslr markt.

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door demeyereg Bekijk bericht

Zouden ze mischien in alle stilte stoppen in dit marktsegment of zou het de stilte vóór de storm zijn
    Als eeuwige optimist wat FUJI betreft weet ik zeker dat het de 2de optie is
    There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day. / Alexander Woollcott
    A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
    Contra principia negantem disputari non potest. BD Lidnummer : BD0394BE

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door demeyereg Bekijk bericht

Thom Hogan geeft zo af en toe zijn mening over Fuji, en er is zelfs sprake van dat Fuji stopt met zijn DSLR lijn omdat ze de ontwikkelingen niet kunnen volgen. Een greep uit zijn commentaren van de laatste tijd:

http://http://forums.dpreview.com/fo...ssage=27911790

There's a rumor going around in Japan that would explain the reason for dumping the S5 Pro so fast. Basically, it involves Fujifilm selling its high-end stuff to another company.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27924405

To answer all the questions:

* No, the buyer isn't Nikon
      * Basically all the DSLR and MF stuff
      * Not likely to include much in the way of sensor tech

This would leave Fujifilm with just consumer digital cameras in the photography arena (and, of course, the leftover film business). Consumer digital cameras would be a little more difficult to give up, as Fujifilm is still a top 10 maker and has enough volume there to be significant, though not very profitable. I'd guess that compact digital cameras are being watched closely and any significant erosion there might be seal that group's fate, too.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27855381

> Of course. Everybody wants more pixels, including me, except that I
      > only want more pixels if the pixels are the same quality.

Or better quality. The D300 has clearly better pixel quality than the D200, and even has more of them (though only 2mp more). So it's clear that there are still improvements being made at the sensor level by others. What bothers me most about Fujifilm is that we've seen NO sensor improvement from 2003 to today (the 2003 date is when the S3 Pro sensor must have locked). That's not good news.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27854769

Anastigmat wrote:
      > Not bad, for a camera that sells for $5,000. I think Nikon could
      > make a killing with the D3, which is very profitable for Nikon.

AFAICT, the D60, D300, and D3 are all raking in large profits. The D80 a little less so. By the numbers, the D300 must be the biggest money maker for them at the moment.
      > I doubt that nikon will have 3 FX models so soon. May be 2 for 2008.
      A year ago I thought one FX model in 2008 plus one announced and not shipped.

At the start of the year I thought two FX models in 2008 with the possibility of another announced.

Lately I'm starting to think we may see all three in 2008, though I still suspect the third one would be very late in the year if it makes it.
      The buzz out of Japan has simply changed in the last 18 months.

> The FX cameras may account for 5% of the volume but much more than
      > that percentage in revenue and profit.

True. The actual numbers I come up with in my 2009 projections are interesting, though. Assuming a 40% PM on the FX body and a 30% PM on the low end body, and that the percentages of sales of the low end stay the same and the FX reach 5%, I get a gross profit from the FX line of ~US$300m versus a gross profit from the low-end model of ~US$380m. More telling, however, is the difference at the retail store level, where the numbers change to US$250m and US$480m, respectively. Also, a run rate of 50k a month on the D300 would put it at the same level of profit as the FX line.
      > The higher margin of the D3 and D300 will help Nikon
      > recuperate some of the lost market as it tries to gain market share
      > with low priced low end models.

Absolutely no doubt. Indeed, this is one of the issues facing all those that want to dislodge Canon and Nikon market shares. If you have cash cow products (the D300 and D3 in Nikon's current lineup), then you can afford to play price games at the low end that the others can't easily match.
      > As competition intensifies at the low end, smart camera makers are
      > looking for bigger margins in the full frame camera market.

Well, that's the age old game, and one we've been playing for some time now. First it was higher end compact cameras, then it was low end DSLRs, now it is high end DSLRs. Only problem for the ones that don't yet have significant market share is that they're running out of runway. After FX DSLRs what's going to get high end margins? I don't think this spills over into MF.
      > Huh? The S5 is about the same price as the S3 and its body is a lot
      > better. How come the S5 is clearly disappointing?

You're correct in an absolute sense. My notes show the S3 Pro introduced at US$2495 and the S5 Pro at US$1995. But I was thinking in a relative sense (i.e. relative to the other products on the market). By the time the S3 Pro hit the shelves, the D200 was already typically at the US$1499 to US$1599 mark. To rephrase my point, Fujifilm DSLRs have been slipping in the price/performance aspect each generation.
      > Of course! All that Fujifilm needs to do is to come up with a full
      > frame super CCD sensor. Fujifilm may have to use CMOS to keep costs
      > down, but a full frame with the same size pixels as the S5 should
      > provide about 13mp, and the same dynamic range.

The problem I have with that notion is that this is essentially shooting at a position the D3 already occupies. I'll repeat, the D3's dynamic range and highlight recovery are quite close to that of the S5 Pro, though still a bit behind. Put another way: Fujifilm's one advantage is eroding. They need something other than just going FX.
      > Nikon may not be so
      > willing to give Fujifilm the D300 body for a full frame that can
      > compete with the D3, however.

Well, such a body doesn't exist, so they can't give it to them ;~). The mirror, viewfinder, and shutter mechanisms in the D300 would not work with FX. Thus, Fujifilm's only current choice would be to take the current D3 (can they really compete with the D3 at the D3 price? See above). Or they can wait until Nikon plays its 5D card, which puts them behind even further in terms of the engineering timeline.
      > And that is why I believe Fujifilm
      > must think about the possibility of ending its reliance on Nikon for
      > bodies.

I both agree and disagree ;~). If Fujifilm is going to continue to be a one-horse show (one DSLR), then the investment in their own body won't possibly pay back--even with a highly successful product (that would be 500k+ year, or D300 level) I don't think you can justify a one-shot, from-scratch engineering project. If Fujifilm wants to be a long-term, multiple product DSLR player, then I'd argue the opposite: they need a mount and bodies of their own.
      > No, that won't work. An 18mp sensor would make write speed even
      > slower. A 13mp sensor would work better.

I'll repeat: the sensor IS NOT the speed bottleneck on the Fujifilm cameras. The write speed on the Fujifilm body is determined by the imaging ASIC and the digital write support mechanism, mostly the latter, and Fujifilm's current implementation is so far behind state-of-the-art it should be embarrassing to them.
      > By keeping pixel count low, it won't take long for Fujifilm to come
      > up with a full frame with great dynamic range and acceptably fast
      > write speed. This camera does not have to do 10fps. 3-5 frames per
      > second would suffice.

Again, it is not frame rate shooting that is Fujifilm's primary speed problem (though their current imaging ASIC does impose a speed reduction), and it's not the sensor that's the issue. If you want to play in the bigs, you need to do more than hit infield bloopers.

Comment

hoeveel fuji DSLR's zijn er? op hoeveel jaar?
        S2: Announced 30-Jan-02
        S3: Announced 05-Feb-04
        S5: Announced 25-Sep-06

lijkt me normaal dat't even stil is
        foto als spiegel of als venster?

Comment

Working...
        X