No announcement yet.

D40 (x) questions

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• D40 (x) questions

Does the D40 offer a wired remote control option? I'm sure it will use IR, but I need a wired option for some <cough> high altitude remote shooting.
    As far as I can see from photos online there is only a USB connection, great for laptop operation but I'd still prefer some totally remote operation.

Handling of the camera.
    What are the experiences here?
    I'll be using it for very limited use but it'd always be in manual settings. This is all via the menus I guess? Or via the Nikon control software?

The light weight of the D40 range is appealing to me right now. It'd live with the fisheye on it so nice and compact.

Thanks.
    Rob.

Re: D40 (x) questions

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door trebs Bekijk bericht
    Does the D40 offer a wired remote control option? I'm sure it will use IR, but I need a wired option for some <cough> high altitude remote shooting.
    As far as I can see from photos online there is only a USB connection, great for laptop operation but I'd still prefer some totally remote operation.

Handling of the camera.
    What are the experiences here?
    I'll be using it for very limited use but it'd always be in manual settings. This is all via the menus I guess? Or via the Nikon control software?

The light weight of the D40 range is appealing to me right now. It'd live with the fisheye on it so nice and compact.

Thanks.
    Rob.
    Dag Rob,

Er is geen mogelijkheid om de D40 via een draad te bedienen. Dit lukt enkel via de IR remote. Om de camera vanop afstand te besturen via USB heb je Camera control Pro nodig.

Verder vind ik de camera goed te bedienen. In de manuele stand bedien je via het scrollwieltje de sluitertijd en het diafragma via de belichtingscompensatie met scrollwieltje. ISO, AF-S/AF-C, JPEG/RAW, WB zijn verplicht via het menu, al kan je één ervan aan de functieknop toewijzen.

Edit: verder vind ik dat de camera iets te snel naar overbelichting neigt.

MVG,
    Last edited by frank207be; 3 november 2007, 11:01.

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door frank207be Bekijk bericht
      Dag Rob,

Er is geen mogelijkheid om de D40 via een draad te bedienen. Dit lukt enkel via de IR remote. Om de camera vanop afstand te besturen via USB heb je Camera control Pro nodig.

Verder vind ik de camera goed te bedienen. In de manuele stand bedien je via het scrollwieltje de sluitertijd en het diafragma via de belichtingscompensatie met scrollwieltje. ISO, AF-S/AF-C, JPEG/RAW, WB zijn verplicht via het menu, al kan je één ervan aan de functieknop toewijzen.

Edit: verder vind ik dat de camera iets te snel naar overbelichting neigt.

MVG,
      Thanks Frank,
      I've read your user review too and I think this baby Nikon would be pretty suitable for what I need it for.

Comment

don't forget the 10.5 is no afs though, manual focus only...

j.
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
        Nikon stuff

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door jwllms Bekijk bericht
          don't forget the 10.5 is no afs though, manual focus only...

j.
          Good point, but not really a problem for the panos.
          Anyway, with that lens, just about everything is in focus, always..

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door trebs Bekijk bericht
            Thanks Frank,
            I've read your user review too and I think this baby Nikon would be pretty suitable for what I need it for.
            It's a very capable camera indeed. Today I took the D40 to the soccer match of my son, and it could easily to keep up with the players. Ok the shutter of the D2x is significally faster and the AF more refined and precise, but still I managed to get 29 tack sharp photo's with the ball in the frame. Of course I must admit that the AFS VR 200mm f2 that I used is no slouch either

I'll add a link to the photo's later on Look at the November 2007 photo's LINK

MVG,
            Last edited by frank207be; 4 november 2007, 09:23.

Comment

Working...
            X