No announcement yet.

Sigma 135 400mm vs Tokina 80 400mm

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Sigma 135 400mm vs Tokina 80 400mm

I planned to buy the sigma APO 135 400mm for Nikon D50, I’ll use the lens to shot birds and wild animals. I went to the shop, but in the shop the man explain to me that Tokina 80 400mm better then sigma. I don’t have any experiences with those objectives. Can anyone help me here?

What do you think about the Tokina 80-400mm F 4,5-5,6 AT-X N/AF72mm? The price is only 533€ in my place

Greetings Lahcène

Re: Sigma 135 400mm vs Tokina 80 400mm

Going from 300 to 400 mm is not that much difference - why not go for the 70-300 VR? The price is close to that of the Tokina & VR will make a big difference for such a slow lens.

The 70-300VR generally gets good reviews.
    The 135-400 gets a mixed bag of reviews, some being far from positive.
    The Tokina gets no reviews at all. If the Tokina was a fantastic lens for its price, people would search around and there would be queues in the shops and ridiculous prices on eBay. Nothing like that has happened. The conclusion?
    Prepressure.com - mijn Engelstalig webstekje over 'printing museums', 'libraries' & nog zo veel meer

Comment

On popphoto.com the Tokina is tested. It gets a pretty good review. The Sigma is tested on photozone.de and some others. Best thing you can do is to put htem both on the camera and feel them, and try to take some pictures.
      VR comes in handy if your object does not move too much.
      Problem for the Tokina lens is that it is pretty new and so there are not yet many users. So it is not yet a well known lens.
      wish you luck with the choice!
      Van Minolta X-700 en een hoop glas via 7Xi naar 7D

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Laurens Bekijk bericht
        Going from 300 to 400 mm is not that much difference - why not go for the 70-300 VR? The price is close to that of the Tokina & VR will make a big difference for such a slow lens.

The 70-300VR generally gets good reviews.
        The 135-400 gets a mixed bag of reviews, some being far from positive.
        The Tokina gets no reviews at all. If the Tokina was a fantastic lens for its price, people would search around and there would be queues in the shops and ridiculous prices on eBay. Nothing like that has happened. The conclusion?
        Thank you Laurens and Bask for your responses. If you mean 70 300 VR Nikon objective! I got advices, that objective after 200m not good IQ. I know the sigma also not good at 400mm, but they say at 300mm will be very good IQ.
        Greetings Lahcene

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door lahcene Bekijk bericht
          I planned to buy the sigma APO 135 400mm for Nikon D50, I’ll use the lens to shot birds and wild animals. I went to the shop, but in the shop the man explain to me that Tokina 80 400mm better then sigma. I don’t have any experiences with those objectives. Can anyone help me here?

What do you think about the Tokina 80-400mm F 4,5-5,6 AT-X N/AF72mm? The price is only 533€ in my place

Greetings Lahcène
          Thank you Laurens and Bask for your responses. If you mean 70 300 VR Nikon objective! I got advices, that objective after 200m not good IQ. I know the sigma also not good at 400mm, but they say at 300mm will be very good IQ.
          Greetings Lahcene

Comment

Most zooms, especially in your price range have their weak spot at the maximum focus length
            A 300 is only sharp until 200-250, so if you want sharp at 300-350, buy a 400

Comment

Working...
            X