No announcement yet.

Nikon D80 backfocus. Autofocus issue.

Collapse
X

• Weergaveopties
  • Begin
Clear All

• Nikon D80 backfocus. Autofocus issue.

Niet dat ik hier een oorlog wil starten want ik heb zelf een D80 en hou ervan als van een baby, maar bij mijn onderzoek of ik al dan niet een backfocus probleem had, reageerde er iemand als volgt, het komt van deze persoon : http://www.flickr.com/photos/maiasuvi/ , toch niet de minste, en heeft zelf dus de volgende ervaring:

Actually, in the professional portraiture forums I'm on, this has come up frequently with the Nikons in the D80 class (D200, D80, Fuji S5). The autofocus mechanism isn't backfocusing so much as it is not finding the correct contrast point within your af area and so guesses - wrongly in all too frequent cases.

It's not something that most D80 owners will notice since they rarely shoot wide open or even close. But for portraiture, I tend to shoot at F/1.4 nearly all the time, and this becomes a serious problem.

With my 50mm, I had a 50-50 chance that the camera would get a full body subject (e.g., distance) shot in focus using the center focal point. Using the outer focal points, which are weaker single axis sensors, yielded a horrific less than 25% success ratio. With the 24mm, I gave up on any distance shots at all - more than 5 feet from the subject and it would focus on anything but my subject (it was actually quite impressive how it never found my subject's contrast points).

I did my tests - putting my standing subjects near and far from high contrast areas, using tripod and remote to eliminate shake (which wouldn't be a case anyway because part of the picture IS in focus), Using the AF modes, changing lenses, testing portrait vs landscape abilities (putting the subject paralell or perpendicular to the af sensors), etc.

Honest, even at F8 my camera couldn't consistently hit focus on the side of a barn. It was ridiculous. Especially considering the D50 was flawless.

Since a) the problem isn't a consistent backfocus or a consistent front focus error (rather, it's just the camera failing to find the contrast point of your subject), and because the problem tends to be stronger on some cameras than others, it looks like this is a quality control issue. Friends who had the same problem with their D200 and I both documented the problems and tried to get the cameras fixed. But we were refused service because they could not find an error in the camera (e.g., they are not acknowledging a quality control issues).

So no, I don't think it is the lens and I don't think it is backfocusing/front focusing that is the problem. And your focus test is fine - the front of the word should be a little out of focus in the front - that's how cameras work. The issues appears to be more about the single axis sensors not being capable of consistently finding a contrast point of your subject. Put them even a bit of distance from the camera and it is going to start finding other more interesting objects to lock focus onto.

In keeping with this, low light also affects focus because that dims the contrast points - so the camera goes for the lighter areas.

I personally could find no justification to upgrade to the D200 since it has the same AF system. So I've sold my D80 now and have bought a Canon outfit. Nikon service lost my trust and confidence over these quality issues (my 50mm 1.4 purple fringed so strongly that my subjects were glowing purple).

Heeft er hier iemand anders een objectieve mening over ervaring mee? Liefst geen canon-nikon propaganda...

Re: Nikon D80 backfocus. Autofocus issue.

Welke problemen ondervind jij juist?

Deze persoon heeft in ieder geval gelijk dat een contrastrijk onderwerp het focussen gaat vergemakkelijken. Als ik met mijn D2x met CAM2000 op klaarlichte dag een egaal geschilderde muur richt, gaat de camera ook blijven hunten en geen focus kunnen locken. Maar als er een vlieg op landt zal 'm er bliksemsnel en juist op focussen Anderzijds in halfduister gaat 'm een muur met behangpapier en een motiefke zonder probleem en zonder hulplicht locken

MVG,

Comment

Paranoia.

Comment

welke problemen ik juist ondervindt?

had het hier eerder al eens gepost, maar de hele discussie staat hier:
        Welcome to the comprehensive forum for Nikon D80 users and anyone interested in this DSLR. This forum advocates not only open discussion on every aspect of this particular camera, but also anything pertaining the broader photographic landscape. We are one of Flickr's largest and most active groups, and we have over 20,000 members ranging from beginners to experts. In tradition with prior Nikon DSLR groups, only pictures taken with a D80 should be submitted to the group's photo pool with a maximum of three photos submitted per day. Please add the tag "d80" to each of your photos. You can find topics that cover nearly every aspect of your D80 and other relevant discussions for professional and hobbyist photographers alike. Answers to most technical questions can be found by submitting a search on this page.

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door dio5 Bekijk bericht
          welke problemen ik juist ondervindt?

had het hier eerder al eens gepost, maar de hele discussie staat hier:
          http://www.flickr.com/groups/d80/dis...7600375521391/
          Eerlijk gezegd vind ik niet dat dit er zo verschrikkelijk uit ziet

Maar voor de zekerheid zou ik een andere procedure volgen. Neem gewoon een doos waar ergens aan de rand een barcode of tekst opstaat. Zet daar een meetlat schuin tegen zodat je de schaal nog kan lezen en 'm in het midden staat (op 15cm). Neem dan een foto loodrecht op die barcode met de meetlat erbij zodat je precies kan aflezen waar de focus ligt Zo heb ik in ieder geval de mijne ontdekt die bevestigd en gecorrigeerd werd in het servicepunt

MVG,

Comment

Test je D80 - lens combinatie via

Het is uitgewerkt voor de D70 maar het is hetzelfde voor de D80

Als hij niet doet wat je denkt dat hij moet doen, doe hem dan binnen bij Procirep voor nazicht. Ik veronderstel dat hij nog onder garantie is.
            Dus ik snap je probleem niet.
            BD0497BE : Nikon body + glas
            www.RudyVerrijt.info

Comment

Ik heb die test dus ook al gedaan, en deze gaf net hetzelfde resultaat.
              Had het ook al eerder gezegd hier http://belgiumdigital.be/forum/showthread.php?t=165657... vroeg me gewoon af of er niemand hier kon bevestigen wat Ajasta zei.

Comment

Working...
              X